Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

How Long We've Been Married

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 26, 2011

Soup Weather!

I love fall...it is absolutely my favorite season! If I could have gotten married in the fall, I probably would have:) The cool, crisp mornings with the mild days make my heart happy! The best thing about fall are all the recipes I get to bring back out. We eat lots of soups and stews in the fall and winter and I have found a new favorite: Chicken Tortilla. I think what makes this recipe is the enchilada sauce and topping it with fresh avocado. I also subbed a can of rotel for the mashed whole tomatoes, added a can of black beans, and put in a can of corn instead of frozen. I think that's why this recipe is a keeper; you can do whatever you want with it! So yummy! I did mine in the crockpot and it turned out great! MMMmmm Good!
1 pound shredded, cooked chicken 1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce 1 medium onion, chopped 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers 2 cloves garlic, minced 2 cups water 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth 1 teaspoon cumin 1 teaspoon chili powder 1 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1 bay leaf 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro 7 corn tortillas vegetable oil Directions 1. Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours. 2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). 3. Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet. 4. Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.

1 comment:

Reba said...

I love soup weather too! Looks yummy...especially with avocado.