Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

How Long We've Been Married

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 11, 2011

Hard Choices, Right Choices

So, I made the official announcement this week at school that I will not be coming back next year to teach. I first met with both of my principals to let them know of my decision. I think they thought something was seriously wrong with me, because I couldn't even tell them what I was wanting to talk about before I burst into tears....I know...I never cry right;) Cole and I have been planning on me staying at home with our children since we got married. I think in my plan, though, I thought that would be a year or two longer. I have been so blessed by my co-workers and students that the decision to leave became a very difficult one. But sometimes we have to let go of the current blessing to go forward to the next blessing God has for us. I am excited to stay at home next year, and I know that God will use the things I have learned as a teacher to change the world for Him, but outside of a classroom setting. This verse really seems to sum up what the Lord is doing:

Philippians 3:12-14
12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

God bless! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Mossfamily said...

Caroline, I am so excited for you. I know you will be a Proverbs 31 mommy. :)

Unknown said...

Of course I'm proud of your decision...I know you will NEVER regret this. I LOVED being at home with my children knowing that the person teaching, loving, and caring for them was the one that God intended...ME!

Reba said...

It is a very difficult decision. I was just talking to someone about this tonight. You do what God has called you to do. And yes, I say that as a working/teaching mom. :)