Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

How Long We've Been Married

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 25, 2011

Silly Me!

Earlier this week Cole was out of town with a group of international college students for a spring break trip while I was at home. Most of the time I would accompany him on college ministry trips, but due to the 10 (yes, that's right 10!) snow days we had this year, my school district decided to help ease the burden of making up the days by using the Monday and Tuesday of Spring Break. So, I stayed...no big deal, until Tuesday night when I started cramping, which shouldn't be a big deal, but it seemed like a bigger deal since Cole wasn't home. I called Cole and a close friend for thoughts on what to do, drank a big glass of water and went to bed. I woke up the next morning still cramping. This woulnd't be any big deal, except I have had several friends who have gone into premature labor...and those stories stuck with me. Fast forward to middle of the morning, I called the doctor and went in only to find out everything was fine except for a urinary tract infection. Made me feel a little silly, but I guess it was worth the peace of mind. I'm wondering if I will ever figure out what is normal during pregnancy...One thing is sure though, I'm glad I have the Lord to guide my head and my heart when I know both of them a deceitful. Praise God that he has the wisdom to make me a good Mom and wife and that I don't have to walk this journey alone!

2 comments:

Reba said...

Not silly at all! You were wise to go in and find out what was wrong. Besides, that infection needed to be treated too. As for what is normal in a pregnancy...I don't think there is "normal". And if you have another pregnancy, it could be very different. It just prepares you for the uncertainty of motherhood I think. :)

Jessica said...

I don't think there is a such thing as "normal" in pregnancy. I had Braxton Hicks every 5 minutes for 2 hours one night after a program. Justus came a week later. Never feel silly for checking with your doctor. Premature labor is scary, even when everything turns out fine. The Lord definitely had His hand of protection on J and me through it all. Praying you feel the same peace.