Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

How Long We've Been Married

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Am I walking the talk?

So, as I was singing this morning in the band for our college worship service, the Lord really convicted me of how the words I was singing and the actions of the previous days had not been adding up. For those of you who don't know, I have a huge ESL project that is due April 1st. This project is to show the results of what I have learned and implemented from my ESL academy that I did last summer. As I was singing this morning of God's love being enough, I realized that I have not been living this out in my attitude toward this project. Number one, I have been trying to do this in my own strength...and number two, I am treating this project like it has some bearing on eternity (a little dramatic sounding, I know...but it's truth). I do know that God placed the desire to go to ESL academy for a reason and I want to work on this project as unto the Lord...but regardless of the grade I get on this project I have to keep in perspective that this "suffering" that I think I'm going through right now is nothing compared to Christ's sacrifice on the cross. If I get an "A" on this project or fail it miserably does not change the status of my relationship with the Father....it might change the way some people look at me, but then again I can't serve two masters. I have to trust that all the difficulties and challenges that seem to overwhelm me right now have been allowed or put in place by the Father to refine me into who he needs me to be. I pray that my actions and attitude over the next couple of weeks would reflect who I am in Him rather than who I am in me.

No comments: