Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

How Long We've Been Married

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Thailand, so far!

Hey, everyone! This is going to be a short post about what our trip has been like so far. We got into Bangkok Friday morning around 10:30 Bangkok time. We are staying in a small furnished apartment. It is very hot and humid here and we have to drown ourselves with water to not get dehydrated. We walk a lot of the time and sweat the rest....but it's not that bad. Our apartment has air conditioning and so do the malls, where, just like in America, college students hang out. Culture shock hasn't been horrible b/c there are lots of western things here (McDonalds, Starbucks, Peanut Butter). That will make the trip easier on the team that we are leaving behind to work when we come home on the 19th. We went to church today at the Thai Baptist Church here and it was really cool! We got to hear the Thai believers sing the same songs we do in their language, and we sang in ours....but we all serve the same God! Amazing isn't it! We went to the park after church and played ultimate frisbee and then went to the mall to eat dinner. Tomorrow is our first day on campus. Be praying for us to have boldness to reach out to Thai students who want to learn English and to take it even farther by eventually sharing the gospel. Our team is doing great and they are going to do a fantastic job this summer! The food here is awesome...obviously lots of rice and noodles. We have already learned how to say not spicy in Thai to save our taste buds! I'm excited to get to do this with Cole and to get outside of my comfort zone for a while. I don't want to be a spoiled American who takes what God has blessed me with for granted. I also want my heart to be broken for someone other than myself. God is continually showing me how selfish and me-centered I am. I know that all this is to make me more into the image of Christ and less like me. I'm updating this from an internet cafe, so it may be a couple of days until I get to do this again....until then!

4 comments:

Bud and BJ Penick said...

We love you guys so much and cannot begin to tell you how excited we are that you are able to do what your heart has desired for so long. What an awesome post, Caroline. Know that we are really praying for you and cannot wait to hear the things the Lord will do in and through your valuable lives. Love Mama and Chief

the Pulleys said...

So thankful the Lord allowed you both to lead this group and fulfill your longing to be on the mission field (even if it's just short term this time)! We know you will bless the hearts of all you come in contact w/. Work hard, pray harder, and get some rest when you can. We love you both!

Kacie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kacie said...

I'm so glad you made it there safely. I'm praying for you guys and I know that lives are going to be changed because of this trip. It's so awesome to see your willingness to be humbled in order to serve the Lord better. I can't wait to hear all about your experiences when you get home. It'll be the longest Rick's bakery breakfast ever.

P.S. I realized I didn't say who it was in the post. It's Kacie in case you didn't figure it out. Love you.